Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Review:: Shadow and Steel, by JW Troemner

Title: Shadow and Steel
Author: JW Troemner
Series: Urban Dragon, #2
Rating: ★★★★☆


Previously:

Mark of the Dragon

The first one wasn't enough. The second left me begging for more. Luckily, there is in fact, more to come. Also, cliffhanger much?

At this point Arkay and Rosa are busy settling into a new house in a new town with new jobs. That, naturally, doesn't last for long. Before you know it, they're back to where they began, trying to handle something that the local homeless can't do anything about.

Once again, it's rather short; I read it in maybe 20 minutes. But the pacing makes up for it. It's almost like reading a television episode, instead of an entire movie.

The characters are getting even more well-defined, as if they weren't already, and because the book ended with a cliffhanger, I know for sure that while things seem like they're going to settle down for a bit, they're not going to at all.

Again, the focus isn't on romance, but adventure, and I really appreciate the relationship between Arkay and Rosa. BFFs but more, who have experimented with sex in the past, but now just see each other as something different... It's a friendship but more important than that. As someone who's had a non-romantic relationship of this sort, I totally grok it, but it's so hard to explain.

Except, you could just read this book, and get a feel for it.

I'm resisting the urge to just pick up the next book, but my partner is already on the third, and if I don't read it soon, I don't know how much further he'll be than me...

No comments:

Post a Comment